May 18, 2019
In this second of a two series, Kate and Don interview dog
trainer and author Linda Case about her book Dog Smart:
Evidence-based Training with The Science Dog. In the last
episode, we focused on foundational material covered in the book.
This week we get into the nitty-gritty of dog training and talk
- The benefits of working with a professional dog training
- Qualities to look for in a dog training instructor and what to
- Why it is so important to teach students how a dog learns and
the most important things we can teach them on this topic.
- What is clicker training and why it is so useful when training
- The power of using food as a reward when training a dog.
- How we help students address undesirable behaviors, they
experience with their dogs.
- The four most valuable behaviors we teach our students to train
If you want to learn about your dog and how to live together
happily, you will want to listen to this show and read Linda’s
Linda P. Case, MS
AutumnGold Consulting and Dog Training Center